A Community Development District (“CDD” or “District”) is a local unit of special-purpose government, created pursuant to Chapter 190, Florida Statutes (“F.S.”), and is limited to the performance of those specialized functions authorized therein. The Urban Orlando CDD is authorized to provide certain infrastructure improvements as outlined to the engineer’s report for the community of Baldwin Park. Once the infrastructure is built, the CDD is then required to maintain these public facilities. Services for this CDD include maintenance of the common area landscaping, public parks, ponds and fountains. The Urban Orlando CDD also maintains the City-owned alleyways.
BEACH COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DISTRICT
Est. 2007; Located in Duval County, Florida
Beach Community Development District (“District”) is an independent special district, created pursuant to and existing under the provisions of Chapter 190, Florida Statutes, and established by the City of Jacksonville Council’s approval of Ordinance No. 2007-170-E on March 26, 2007. The District encompasses approximately 782.13 gross acres of land located entirely within the boundaries of the City of Jacksonville in Duval County, Florida. It is located east of Kernan Boulevard, south of Atlantic Boulevard, west of Hodges Boulevard, and north of Beach Boulevard. The lands within the District contain a mixture of commercial and residential land use categories.
A map of the District’s boundaries can be found here: LINK
Florida Law requires that the District publish an annual meeting schedule for the fiscal year one time in a newspaper of general circulation in St. John’s County. Staff also works with other communication providers in the community to post dates and times of meetings for the public’s information. The Board may decide to cancel or reschedule any of its meetings, or add meetings or workshops as items of business dictate. These new meetings will be advertised in the newspaper at least seven (7) days in advance, and agendas are available on the website a week prior to the meeting.
- Attend, record and conduct all regularly scheduled Board of Supervisors Meetings including landowners meetings.
- Presentation of District’s annual budget in accordance with Chapter 190, Florida Statutes.
- Ensure District is in compliance with administrative and financial reporting for Community Development Districts.
- Correspond and communicate with Board of Supervisors and Staff to respond to the various needs of the District and Community.
- Review and approve agenda’s for circulation to the Board of Supervisors.
- Review and approve annual budget, annual audit, monthly disbursements.
- Review annual insurance policy to ensure District maintains proper insurance coverage.
The Board adopts the budget each year in accordance with a process outlined in the Florida Statutes. The operative words in this process are “approve” and “adopt.” The Board will first approve a proposed budget in the spring and will provide it to the City of Orlando at least 60 days before the budget hearing, at which time the Board will adopt the final budget and levy the resulting non-ad valorem assessments.
- Fiscal Year 2015 adopted budget
- Fiscal Year 2014 adopted budget
- Fiscal Year 2013 adopted budget
- Fiscal Year 2012 adopted budget
- Fiscal Year 2011 adopted budget
- Fiscal Year 2010 adopted budget
- Fiscal Year 2009 adopted budget
For anyone interested in adopted budgets prior to fiscal year 2009, please contact the District Office.
Audited Financial Statements:
As the District’s audited financial statements are prepared by an independent auditor, and accepted by the Board, we will post them on the website for your information. If you are interested in an audit for a previous fiscal year, please contact the District Office.
- Fiscal Year 2012 audit
- Fiscal Year 2011 audit
- Fiscal Year 2010 audit
- Fiscal Year 2009 audit
- Fiscal Year 2008 audit
000 E Main Street
place, PL 00000
Florida Public Records Notice: Emails to and from Community Development District’s are public record according to Section 119 Florida Statutes. For more information, please see http://www.myflsunshine.com/.
send us a message
Fill out the contact form below to contact your community leaders. Report a problem in the community, ask question, or share your opinions on area issues.